Horizons at Dedham Country Day Student Application
What you need to know:
- Horizons at DCD is a 6-week summer enrichment program that takes place on the campus of Dedham Country Day School.
- All Horizons students make a 10-year commitment to the program, and points of entry are Pre-K & K.*
- Families must be eligible for free and reduced lunch.
- Horizons has partnerships with schools in the Boston Public School System and the Dedham Public School System. The majority of our enrolled students were recommended by teachers from these partner schools.
- Each year priority is given to eligible students that attended the previous summer.
- Priority to new openings in lower grades (Pre-K & K) is given to siblings of currently enrolled students.
- If a student does not return, we fill their spot. This is rare and generally there are not openings in grades above Pre-K and K.
- Horizons at DCD does not have openings for 7th or 8th grade.
- Re-enrollment typically begins in December and ends in March.
- New applicant recruitment and enrollment typically begins in February and concludes with interviews in May.
Update for Summer 2021:
As we approach Summer 2021, we are developing a plan for a safe in-person summer program. Following in the footsteps of our host school, we are confident that we can deliver a COVID-safe summer program. We will be implementing health and safety protocols to ensure the health and well-being of students, families, and staff in attendance. This includes mandating facial masks, social distancing, testing, and regular sanitization of surfaces. Classrooms will be equipped with air filters and students will have more outdoor opportunities. We will not be able to offer extended day this summer. While some aspects of our program will have to change to adapt to the current situation, we are still committed to providing high-quality, engaging academic and enrichment experiences for students this summer.
If you have any questions regarding, the application process or the Summer Program in general, please contact Haris Kuljancic, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-915-2626.