The Applications to Volunteer and Intern with Horizons’ 2021 Summer Program is open January 15, 2021 - February 28, 2021. Horizons accepts both high school and college-aged volunteers. See the timeline below for Volunteer Application deadlines and requirements.
The Volunteer Application for 2021 is closed this summer. Thank you everyone who already signed up to volunteer. If you missed the deadline, please keep an eye out for next summer!
- January 15 - February 28: Volunteer applications are open
- March -April: Accepted Volunteers will receive an email from Horizons at DCD. We may schedule an interview.
- Horizons volunteers must have completed grade 8.
- All volunteers are required to sign the Code of Conduct.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to volunteer for either Session 1 or Session 2 (or both).
- Volunteers must be available to attend the mandatory training on May 14th or May 15th and must commit to an evening during orientation week (June 14 - 18).
- Strong applicants demonstrate a commitment to community service and volunteerism.
- Horizons Volunteers must be open to work with students in grades Pre-K and 8.